Thursday, October 18, 2012

I wanna laugh with you (part 5)



He called me. He really called me.
“Yoboseyo?”
I snapped back to the phone. “Ah ne, yoboseyo… Yangyo oppa! Of course, I still remember you!”
I tried to manage my words and breath.
“Dahaengida…” I heard he sighed.
“Eh? Waeyo?”
“Ah… aniya… For a few seconds I thought you forget me…”
“Jinjja aniya… I still remember you, I thought you’re the one who forget me…” -Oh no! What did I say? Why should I say that?
“Mianhae…” his voice sounded so slow and low.
There was an awkward silence for a few seconds there.
“Gwenchana oppa, I’m…just kidding…”
“Araseo… hehehe… so, you’re okay, right? I thought the radiation will kill you.” He giggled.
“What do you mean?”
“You said that you don’t have any phone because the radiation is not good for your health, but see? You’re now speaking to me by phone? Is the radiation your friend now?” He giggled again.
“I’m not lying. I really don’t have any mobile phone or smartphone or whatever it is. And this is just a portable home-phone, so I think this one doesn’t have such kind of radiation…”
“Are you sure?”
“Hmm… I… think…” I lowered my voice.
He giggled again. He kept giggling.
“Ya !! Stop giggling! What’s so funny?”
He stop giggling and tried to take a deep breath. “I’m sorry, but this is so funny.”
“Are you crazy? Are you out of mind?”
“Maybe…” He giggled again.
I sighed. “Waeyo?”
“Aniyo. Ah, yesterday I came to hospital, I went to see you, but you’re not there. And I met a nurse, hmm… the nurse who liked to scold you, she gave me your number...”
“How do you know that this is my number?” I cut his words.
“Well, at first I don’t know that this is your number…”
“So, you just randomly called me???” I cut his words again.
“Aniya…aniya… I actually don’t know that this is your number, but I wish that this is really your number…”
“Why do you wish that this is really my number?”
“Ya! Why do you keep cutting my words?” He complained.
I giggled.
“Ya !” He yelled.
I kept giggling.

***

She kept giggling. I didn’t know why. But, she sounded very happy. Moreover, I like to hear her giggles. I wish I could see her face when she giggled like that.
“Oppa,” she said suddenly after finishing her giggles “Are you still there?”
“Hm. Wae?” I acted like I was annoyed.
“Are you angry? Ya! You giggled at me before and I giggled at you just now. I just wanna play fair. Do you get that?”
I held my laugh. How could she think of such things. So ridiculous. “Geurae?”
“Ya oppa!”
I laughed.
“Aish! Jinjja!” she yelled.
“Mian, but you’re so funny.”
“What’s so funny? I don’t understand.”
“You.”
“Ha?”
“You. You are so funny.” I laughed again.
“Michyeoso. Ya oppa! Stop it or I will not tell you my secret.”
It took a few seconds to stop my laugh. I just didn’t know why but I laughed a lot today. I must be really crazy.
“Ah… Mianhae… Mwo? What secret?” 
“Promise me you won’t laugh again!” She said forcefully.
“Ne… I promise.”
“I’m going to have a birthday next week.”
“Jinjja? Next week is your birthday?”
“Mmm... Oppa… I want a birthday gift… Will you give it to me? This birthday may be my last birthday…” 
I hesitated. She hesitated. No voices. No sounds.
I fulfilled her promise, I didn't laugh. I didn't laugh because I couldn't laugh. Instead, I felt so painful inside my heart. It seems like she will go far away and never come back.   It seems like I can't see her anymore. It seems like I can't laugh at her anymore. It seems like I can't hear her laugh anymore. It seems like I can't laugh with her anymore. 



-to be continued-

No comments:

Post a Comment