Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I want to meet you (part 1)



It’s been a week since I’ve been adjusted to hospital.
Well, let me say, uncountable times, I’ve been adjusted to this hospital. 
12AM, I pressed the button on my wheelchair, it’s moving along the hospital corridor. Alone, silent, and dark. I came to vending machine on the hospital lobby. No one’s there. I put in money on the slot, pressed orange juice and orange juice can fell down.
I sat alone on the bench in the middle of lobby, sipping my orange juice when someone hobbled with crutches on his arms to the vending machine. He pressed chocolate milk then turned his body at me. He’s kinda shocked looking at me sitting alone on the bench. 
“Hello?”, he waved his hand. “Are you a human?”
What kind of question?!, I thought. “What If I’m a ghost?”
“So you’re a human?”, he asked again.
“No, I’m a ghost.”
“Ehh… No ghost will say that she is a ghost, so you’re human.”, he hobbled and sat beside me. 
There’s awkward silence in the air. Only sounds of sipping in round heard.
“What’s with that?”, I asked while my index finger pointing at his leg. “Your leg.”
“I hurt my ankle...”, he answered. His hand held the bandage on his left leg. “When I danced yesterday.” 
“Oh. You’re dancer?”
“Well, umm, not really.”
Another awkward silence. We sipped our drinks.
“What’s with you?”, he suddenly asked. “Why do you use wheelchair? Umm… sorry, but, can you walk?”
“Oh. This.” I pointed at the wheelchair beside me. “I only used this because my mom and my doctor asked me to use this. Actually I can walk properly, I can walk better than you.” I stood up and walked in front of him. “See?”
He laughed. I sat beside him.
“Are you ill?”, he asked again.
I nodded. “Of course, I’m ill. Then what am I doing here if I’m not ill?”
“Oh…. Just maybe because you’re a ghost here. You said it before, right?”
“Is that so? Hmm… then, you’re right. I’m not ill and I’m a ghost.”
He laughed again.
“Ah! I have to go! See over there! Nurse is coming. Yesterday, she nagged at me because I wandered around at night.”, I said to him and sat on my wheelchair. “Bye, see you.”
I pressed the button on my wheelchair. It’s moving away from the bench.
“Wait up!”, he stood up and held on the crutches. “Will we meet again tomorrow? I mean… I feel little bit bored in this hospital…” 
“Of course. Bye. See you tomorrow!” I moved away from him before the nurse came to me.

***

“Good morning, sleepyhead! How’s your leg?”
“Oh. Dongwoon-ah. Good morning.”, I yawned. “Where’s the other?”
“Practice. We practice a lot hyung.”
“How dare they don’t come to see me.”, I stretched my body “What do you bring?”
“Just some chocolate, milk, and apples. Eat them a lot hyung, so you can get better soon. It seems so weird without you, hyung. Dujunnie hyung, jinjja, he scolded a lot. I think he misses you.”
“What are you saying? If he misses me, he should come!”
“He can’t. He got some schedule to do. Very busy person, huh?”, Dongwoon said while eating a chocolate bar.
“Dongwoon-ah… I met a girl last night, no, not a girl, I don’t know if she’s a girl or a ghost…”
“Ah hyung, what do you say? I don’t understand. So you met a girl or a ghost? Or a girl ghost?” 
“She’s on a wheelchair, short-straight-hair, with pony and little bit weird…hmm mysterious.”
“Do you fall for her?”, he drank the milk “Ah, jinjja mashita.”
“Aish. I just want to tell you this. Why suddenly fall for her? And you keep eating and drinking, you said these all for me, right?”
“Mianhae, hyung. I’m hungry. You know, I’m still young, still growing.”, he winked cutely.
“Aish….jinjja…”

***

It’s 12AM. She said she would meet me here. But, where is she? Will she come?
It’s 1AM. She’s not coming. I knew it. She won’t come. Then why am I here waiting for her?
I walked slowly to my room. She didn’t come.

***

I made promise. This is the first time in my life. Making promise to stranger. Does he really want to meet me? But, I don’t know. I don’t know if I can meet him tonight. Today’s chain of examination is so tiring. What did they put into my body? Why do I feel so sleepy? I have to stay awake. I want to meet him. Please, let me meet him. 


-to be continued- 

No comments:

Post a Comment