Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I finally met you (part 2)



I looked at vending machine hopelessly. Some children stood in front of it. They are busy choosing some drinking. I looked at the bench I sat with her few nights ago. There are many people in the lobby and the bench is full. No space left. 
“Yoseob-ah? Can you walk?”, asked Jintaek hyung.
“Ah, ne hyung.” I hobbled with my crutches.
“Let’s go.” Jintaek hyung walked in front of me with two big bags on his hands. 
After four days in hospital, I finally could go home. Actually, I could stay longer, but my company wanted me to get out earlier. I still didn’t meet that girl. Or maybe she’s really a ghost. I still don’t know. I still want to meet her.
“Yoseob-ah, we’ll head to practice room. Is that okay with you?”, said Jintaek hyung while putting the bags into the car.
“Ne, hyung.”, I walked into the car.
“Why? Why do you look so down?”, asked Jintaek hyung again in the car.
“Ah. Nothing.”, I looked outside the window. The car is slowly moving.
I stared at the door in front of me. A familiar song came from inside. I looked at my left leg. It’s still well-bandaged. I sighed and opened the door. 
“Hyung!” Dongwoon ran toward me. “Welcome back!”
“Yoseobie….!” A group of people came to me and gave me warm hugs.
“I thought you’ll be longer in hospital.”, Junhyung slightly smiled.
“YA!! You! You! You! All of you! How dare you not come to visit me? Only dongwoon-ah and Jintaek hyung.”, I scolded them.
“Mianhae, you know how busy we are, right?” Dujunnie-goon patted my head.
“tsk…!!”
“Now, you sit over there, don’t move too much. Right?”, ordered Doojonnie.
I walked to the corner of the practice room, watching them dancing and singing. But, I don’t know what’s happening to me… I keep on messing my mind… I can’t stop thinking of that girl ghost. Will I meet her if I go back to hospital?
I sighed again.

***

12AM. I sat alone on the bench, sipping my orange juice. It’s almost two weeks since I stayed in this hospital. I don’t really know where my home is at now. I don’t really know who my friends are now. The doctors? The nurses? The other patients? The stranger… The boy… Where is he now? Why doesn’t he come? Ah, maybe he already went home. I’m never able to make long friendship with anyone in this hospital. But, I want to meet him. He is the first stranger I’ve ever made promise with. I wish I could fulfill my promise. I wish I met him that night. I wish I didn’t break my promise. I may know his name. Maybe he’s angry with me now. Or he thought that I’m just a liar. I want to meet him. I want to meet him. I want to meet him.
I’m alone. My tears fell down. I’ll die alone. Sooner or later.

***

Here I am again, medical check-up for my leg. It took longer than I thought. I still had to wear bandage and crutches. I limply walked to the vending machine. Jintaek hyung was busy managing the administration. My eyes wandered around looking for her. But, she’s not there. Not anywhere.
I sighed.
I sat on the bench on the corner of the lobby.
Suddenly, I saw her on wheelchair in front of vending machine, pressed orange juice, took it, and went away. I grabbed my crutches and hobbled to her.
“Ya! Wait!” I shouted to her. “Wait up! Ghost! Girl Ghost!”
She stopped and turned her wheelchair.
I hobbled faster and stopped in front of her.
“Hi, ghost. I think you can’t come out at day like this…”, I smiled weirdly. 

***

He stood in front of me. I couldn’t say anything. So stupid. How can I be so dumb?
“Can we talk for a moment?”, he asked.
“Oh. Yeah… sure…”
We walked to the nearest bench, fortunately no one sat there.
“Your leg, how is it going?”, I asked.
“It’s fine. It will be healed soon. I’ll be able to walk properly soon, so don’t make fun of me anymore.”
I slightly laughed. He slightly laughed. 
Another awkward silence.
His phone rang. “Ne, hyung. I’ll be there in a moment.” He hung up.
“I think I should go.”
“Hm.” I nodded.
“Your number… hmm may I know your number?”, he asked.
“Ha? Ah… I don’t have phone… doctor said the radiation is not good for my health. So my mom never gives me a phone.”
“Ohh… then your name?”
“Yoo Ah Reum. Your name?”
“Yang Yoseob. Call me Yangyo. Your room?”
“Room? Oh… 289. Umm, call me Ahreum.”
He stood up. “Ahreum-ssi, I have to go. See you next week?” 
“Next week? Okay.” I smiled. 
“Annyeong…” He walked limply to the front door and went away.
“Annyeong, yangyo…” I pressed my wheelchair to my room.

***

“What took you so long?”, asked Jintaek hyung in the car.
“Mianhae hyung. I met friend inside. We just had short talk.”
I can’t stop smiling along the way home. What’s happening with me? Am I crazy?

***

I opened my diary. My mom only gave me this diary to write down anything happens to my life.
I finally met him. I wrote it shortly. I’m so happy.


-to be continued- 

1 comment:

  1. part 3 please hahahaha...
    maybe I'm the only person write down a comment... kkk
    something that I really like is commenting on friend's blog...
    hmm...

    anyway, I NEED THE PART 3, LIKE REALLYYYYYYYYY~~~~~
    *^^*

    ReplyDelete