Thursday, August 30, 2012

I feel grateful I met you (part 3)



Knock! Knock!
He came to visit me. He walked into my room. There’s no bandage or crutches on him. He brought some bottles of juices on his hands.
“Annyeong.”, he smiled widely.
“Annyeong. Ah, you really come! And your leg, is it okay now?”
“Ehm. Look! I can even dance better than you.”, he moved his leg and danced weirdly.
I laughed. “Oh, arasseo!”
“I brought this for you, you like orange juice, right?”
“Hehe. Gomawo, please put over there.”, I pointed a table on the corner of the room.
“Are you alone?”, he asked as he put the juices on the table.
“Hm, my mom and dad have to work. The doctor and nurses are also busy taking care of other patients.”
“Ah… Are you lonely?”, he sat on the chair next to my bed.
“Well… I was lonely, little bit. But, not now, because you suddenly came here.”
“Then, you have to thank me because I came here to visit you.”
 “What if I don’t want to? Will you go?”
“Do you want me to go?”
“No, not that…”
“So what do you want?”
“I mean… Thank you… for coming to visit me…”, I looked away and said it softly.
“What did you say? I don’t get it.”
“Ah, nothing… I didn’t say anything. Hehehe.”
“Aish… So, I’ll go home.”, he stood from his chair.
“No, don’t go home. Please, stay here… I don’t have friend to talk to…”, I grabbed his hand. “So... Sorry…” I released his hand.
He sat on the chair again.
“How old are you?”, I asked.
“23. And you?”
“Ha…. 23…. I wanna be 23…..” I sighed. “I’m 18. Doctor said… maybe I’ll not surpass 20… How does it feel to be 23?”
He looked at me quietly. I looked at him confusedly.
“Why?”, I asked.
“It’s not easy… to be 23. You may experience a lot of bad things. It’s really hard. But, you can do nothing except moving forward or holding back everything that hurt you. Sometimes, you have to clarify something or apologize for something you didn’t do, or you didn’t purposely do. And you’ll also have to think about many things ahead. Worry about many things…”
“Woah… it sounds fun… I wanna do those things…”
“Eh???”, he stared at me shockingly.
“Everything that you said to me, that sounds soooooo interesting… I never have such things before… You must be grateful with your life…”
He looked at me again. There’s long awkward silence between us.
“Oppa…”, I broke our silence.
“Eh?”
“Can I call you oppa? Yangyo oppa?”
“You must be so grateful for having oppa like me.” He patted my head.
“Well, not really. Kekekeke.”
We laughed a lot that day.

                                                                                     ***

“Sleep well. Annyeong…” I closed the door and walked away to the parking lot. Short yet sweet visit. I wanted to stay any longer but Sehun-hyung kept calling me. I knew he would scold me for taking too long in hospital. 
This car moved along the street but my mind stuck on her. I took a small note and a pen from my bag and started drawing.
A girl. Short-straight-hair. Pony on her forehead. Wearing hospital pajamas. Simply smiling beautifully.
Ah-Reum. 
I wrote the name below. I deeply sighed.
I’m so grateful I met her.


-to be continued-


No comments:

Post a Comment