Thursday, July 28, 2011

Special Gift


I believe that everyone is given a special person as a gift in his or her life.

I felt so alone. I felt so lonely. No reasons. No answers. Even when I was in a crowd or in noisy places, I often felt it. But, that day was a turning point for me. Just like other days, it was a hot and tiring day when I first met him.
Later, I realized that he was a gift for me. He was a senior in high school. He was an ordinary boy. There was nothing special about him. However, he looked so shiny and sparkling in my heart. Whenever and wherever I felt so lonely he was always there for me. His words embraced me tightly. His jokes kept my spirit on fire. His smiles pulled me up. He taught me about being alone and loneliness.
“No matter how hard it is, no matter how alone you are or how lonely you are, you have to enjoy your life. Don’t take it too seriously. Find a lot of things that remind you about happiness and togetherness. Remember, you have friends and families around you.” He added “Keep smiling. Keep laughing.”
His words kept running in my mind. I never forget about it. Since he was with me, I never felt alone and lonely anymore. I was in love with him. It felt like a warm Sunday morning that woke me up with smiley face. It felt like colorful flowers bloomed and spread lovely fragrant around me. So nice. So beautiful. So sweet.
But, that gloomy cloudy cold night, I got some serious problems with him. We fight. We got angry. We messed our relationship up. He left me. I couldn’t believe he went away without thinking about my feelings for him. I felt so dejected, downhearted, and forlorn.
“Is it fake? Your love and care are fake? Is it fake?!!” I wailed.
Then, loneliness filled my heart again. I couldn’t shout for help from him anymore.
“He went away… you have to struggle by yourself now…,” I said to myself.
However, his words about being alone and lonely reminded me.
“I must be with my friends and family, I have them,” I thought.
I had to stand so tall without him. I believed I could through it all.
A Few months later, I could overcome my loneliness. I realized that my family and friends were always there with me to help me through all of it. I thanked him because he reminded me about it. Although he had left me, I never hated him. I wish he never forgot about me because I will never forget about him. He was my special gift. And this I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment